Visit the ORIVET Store
Orivet Genopet Dog DNA Test
Dog Breed Test Kit, Genetic Testing, Heritable Health Risks and Life Plan
- Breed Identification DNA test for Dogs: Orivet’s industry-leading Breed Identification DNA test for dogs screens for over 350 breeds, types, and varieties of canines. Your report will include the percentage of each breed that makes up your dog.
- Fast Turnaround: After we receive your dog’s sample, your results will be available in your online account in 2 - 3 weeks.
- Easy to use: Orivet’s Collection swabs are designed to capture buccal (cheek) cells quickly and easily. This process takes less than a minute to complete. After activating and allowing time for the swabs to dry, your sample can be on its way to us in 15 minutes!
- Trusted Results: For over a decade, Orivet has been trusted by veterinarians and breeders as a worldwide leader in canine genetic research. Now you can get the same innovative testing professionals use for your own dog!
- LifePlan Included: Your Breed Identification dog DNA test includes Orivet’s LifePlan. This personalized wellness plan is based on the dog breeds discovered, your dog's age, weight, gender, geographic location, and lifestyle.
Answer your customers' common questions
What training methods do you use?
Trail Sniffers follows the LIMA approach towards training. It stands for Least Intrusive Minimally Aversive.
Trail Sniffers believes that training is most effective when following science based and positive reinforcement methods.
Trail Sniffers strives for learner-centered, minimally stressful, and thoughtful training sessions with all species. We use gentle methods based on the most current science of dog training and behavior.
What training equiptment do you use?
Respect for dogs and their people, kindness, science, food, play, observation, humor, creativity, and a clicker/word markers "yes"
How quickly can you "fix" my dog or expect to see results?
Trail Sniffers job is not to "fix your dog and their behaviour. Our goal is to provide you with management stratergies, training knowledge and skills so that you feel confident in training and supporting your dog so that you both have a happy and sucsessful life together.
If your dog has been practicing an undesirable behavior for 2 years, do not expect the behaviour to change within 2 weeks. Often we can provide the information needed in our consultation to train the new behavior with no follow-up sessions, but practice is the key to success. Many behaviors will take multiple sessions. Expect the best outcome if you do the training too
What is a "Behavioural Consultation"?
Behavioural Consultations are designed to address undesirable behaviours rather than basic cues. Undesirable behaviours include barking, separation anxiety, aggression, fearfulness and anxiety to name a few.
Will I always have to train with rewards?
Rewards are your dogs motivator. Think of it like it is a payment for a job well done. There are things everywhere in the enviroment that a puppy and adult dog will deem to be more interesting than we are. We need to give them a reason to want to check in with us or perform a behavior or cue.
Simply put - Would you work for free? Probably not, so why would your doig ?
FoodPraise/Play/ which ever your dog finds most rewarding - only your dog will know. Rewarads are a motivators for our dogs when training and since they won’t accept cash, find what they do accept.
Can you guarantee the training will stick?
If you are consistent, follow Trail Sniffers instructions and you are kind in training your dog, we guarantee you will see a change in behavior.