Our Services for Puppies
We have 3 great positive services for puppies that range from training courses for young pups to catch up classes for those older puppies who might need a hand with the basics and also providing assistance in setting up your home for your puppy.
Our 3 current services are:
- September Puppy Classes
- September Catch Up Classes
- Puppy Set Up Program
(Via Zoom or in-house)
Keep reading below for an in-depth run-down of what each service entails!
We will beginning Puppy and Catch Up Classes in SEPTEMBER - WE RECOMMEND BOOKING EARLY TO AVOID MISSING OUT ON A SPOT!
If you'd like to book into any of our services click the 'Book Now' buttons.
Puppy Class September
DOGS BARK, CHEW, DIG, URINATE, BITE, ETC. – ALL PERFECTLY NATURAL, NORMAL AND NECESSARY BEHAVIOURS IF WE DON’T TEACH THEM OTHERWISE.
The best time to start teaching your puppy is NOW. A puppy’s brain is very much like a sponge and is perfectly capable and ready to learn as soon as possible. Many unwanted behaviours can be prevented by early training!
Puppies will also learn with the help of our Positive Reinforcement Training to create a team with their guardians.
Trail Sniffers Puppy Class is a fun, family oriented 4 week course. The first 3 weeks are an ideal starting point for a happier life for you and your puppy and includes:
- Socialisation with other dogs and bite inhibition
- Socialisation with other humans
- Allowing the puppy to be examined, touched and restricted
- Basic Education like SIT, DOWN, COME etc.
- Housetraining and how to troubleshoot puppy behaviours such as jumping, nipping, digging and biting.
The final week is Graduation and will include more fun and games with your puppy.
How will the puppy (and family) benefit:
- Development of a healthy character
- Early education for all the dog’s life
- Less behaviour problems
- Extensive good socialisation helps prevent with anxiety and fear based behaviours
- Tools for better communication with your dog
Catch Up Class September
Catch Up Class
- Young dogs from 36 weeks of age, this is a perfect class for reinforcing calm behaviours early on!
- Dog Guardians who want to improve their relationship with their dog.
- Dogs who need independence and calming down skills.
- Anyone who wants their dog to focus on them, not the environment.
This Class Is NOT Suited For:
- Reactive or aggressive dogs who struggle around other dogs, people and busy environments (one on one consultations is recommended for any dog struggling with reactivity issues)
- Severely anxious dogs (one on one consultations is recommended for any dog struggling with reactivity issues)
- Basic cues & everyday skills
- Socialisation in a positive way with other dogs, people and sounds.
- Sound training and desensitisation to avoid reactivity later on.
- Appropriate, calm leash and greeting skillsFun tricks and games to keep your dog mentally stimulated
- To understand how dogs experience the world around them
- Different dog training techniques
- To read your dog's body language & prevent problem behaviours in the future
- Calming dog handling techniques
- How to set both yourself and your dog up for a happy and successful life together
Bringing someone new home? Get ready with our Puppy Set Up Service!
Availale via Zoom or we come to your home!
Puppy set up program
In Home / Virtual puppy set up program
- How puppies learn and what affects their behaviours
- Positive reinforcement training
- How to read your puppy’s body language
- General health care
- How to manage unwanted behaviours (nipping, chewing and jumping)
- Toilet training
- Separations from puppy done successfully
- Leash walking
- Enrichment suited to your pups needs
- Simple cues : sit, leave it, stay, come and focus
- Consistent in your training
- To create positive associations
- Adaptable for when a challenging behaviour may present itself
📍 Live out of area?
If you live more than 30km outside of Tura Beach than you will need to let us know when you book your consultation!
We offer qualified training and our prices need to reflect the time and travel we need to consider to offer our service outside of our 30km radius.
If you need a local on your side and live outside of our service area, please feel free to contact us below and we can give you some recommendations!
If you would like to book our services and you're outside of our service area, check out your options today!
Thanks for checking out all our services!
We will be adding new services throughout the year so if you'd like to be notified when this happens make sure you subcribe to our website for updates (we promise not to spam you!)
If you have any questions about any of our services or don't know where to begin, please email us below using the contact form and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!